Dates: 01.-08 November 2022
Location: Kemer, Antalya, Turkey
Number of participants: 32
Type of the project: Mobility of Youth Workers
Know… Touch… See… Taste… European Cultural Heritage (K.N.O.W.is about raising awareness among youth workers about our common history and values, mutually understanding our different perspectives and reinforcing the sense of belonging to the European family we live in. Our European cultural heritage is actually the result of the joint contributions of many different cultures. This European heritage has been built over a long period of time filtered from the past.
The training course will promote intercultural understanding among the participants and support diversity in Europe as a resource culturally, historically and economically. Through the various events, participants will realize the need for a common Europe and to use a common language to facilitate communication.
- To promote cultural diversity, intercultural dialogue and social cohesion;
- Emphasizing the economic contribution of cultural heritage to the cultural and creative sectors locally and to local and regional development;
- To emphasize the role of cultural heritage in European cultural diplomacy;
- Underlining the importance of preserving our common cultural heritage;
- Deepening the link between young people and the European Cultural heritage;
- To raise the awareness of European citizens of Europe’s wealth and cultural diversity;
- Creating a climate in which appreciation of the richness and mosaics of European cultures is encouraged
- Strengthen the feeling of sharing the same identity among European youth workers;
- Promote racism and xenophobia and greater tolerance in Europe and beyond national borders.
This training course is targeted at youth workers and youth leaders (active members of organizations, communities who work with young people & are involved in activities carried out by sending organizations). Ideally, participants should be in a position of daily working with youngsters. It is not a must to be a full active member of the sending organization as the youth workers may come from the community youth centers or local schools & institutions of partner organizations.
Asociatia Allons-y, Romania
Ενωση Για Την Καινοτομία Στην Τεχνολογική Κπαίδευση Και Κουλτούρα Αστικη Μη Κερδοσκοπικη Εταιρεια, Greece
Youth Senate, Bulgaria
Association Of Intercultural Mediators Network, Italy
Center For Educational And Development Initiative Innova Lab Bitola, North Macedonia
Aar Social Development Association (Asda) Ry, Finland
Kultur & Art Initiative e.V., Germany
We are looking for 4 participants from each country with the following profile:
- Completed two doses of vaccination minimum 14 days before arrival!
- Youth workers, youth leaders, activists on the European level involved in everyday work with young people;
- Interested in the topic of cultural heritage, intercultural understanding, youth impact, empowering others,
- Open to learn and implement new collaborative digital tools that can be used in their daily work;
- Motivated to develop their personal and professional competencies in an international environment (to improve their skills in communication, teamwork, problem-solving, presentation, facilitation, and conflict management);
- Willing to participate actively and share knowledge, expertise, and positive energy with the other participants
Application Form: https://l24.im/nOslBH
All the participants and the group leaders should fill out this registration form.
Kemer Uygulama Oteli
Located on the center of Kemer, Antalya. The hotel has its own pool and you can reach the beach by walking from the Hotel. The hotel has a garden and a terrace where you can have a pleasant time. There is free wifi available in the hotel.
Three meals and coffee breaks are also available at the hotel.
During a special evening, we will share characteristics from our culture. We ask you to bring foods and alcoholic/non-alcoholic drinks and magnets to share! You can also think of some other things to share with the group from your culture: stories, dances/songs, etc. Please do not make only PowerPoint presentations or country promotion videos, as it would be best if you can share something in your own words and with physical examples if you can. By the way, presenting something from your culture does not mean it has to be something about only the country itself: it can also be from a specific region or a city, etc. As we are trying to collect special and different magnets from each city and country to make an international wall we would like to have one magnet from your hometown as well. We would like to see your impact on our organization to remember you through your magnet.