Music Unites for Solidarity and Inspires Changes
A Youth Exchange that promotes intercultural learning and diversity and improves the competencies and skills of young people
Total Number of Participants: 56 Youngsters
New innovative curricula / Educational methods / Youth (Participation, Youth Work, Youth Policy)
- Cineyouth MTÜ, Estonia
- Associazione Gruppo Folk La Fontana, Italy
- Stowarzyszenie Instytut Nowych Technologii, Poland
- Lykia İzcilik ve Doğa Sporları Kulübü Derneği, Turkey
- Live Love Create, Czechia
- Nansen Dijalog Centar, Croatia
- EPEKA Slovenia
The main idea is to open up new horizons for self-development and create conditions for the free expression of talented artists (aka the participants), give opportunities for dialogue, improvement of skills and exchanging of experiences between young people who are interested in music. It’s about helping each person to find their OWN way of living this life and their full potential and interacting with others by creating music. Participants of the YE will be active young people who are ready to take the next step and find their own voices!
- Promoting participation in democratic life in Europe, active citizenship and inter-religious dialogue
- Respect, solidarity and active tolerance
- Experiencing different thematic music workshops
- Producing your own musical works
- Performing/presenting your music to an audience
- Becoming more aware of our own identities, cultures and stereotypes
- Music is a great way to get people with all different abilities to work together and feel included in something very special. If you want the opportunity to explore the world of music and to develop your basic competencies, including cooperation, communication and information technology skills, this is the right project for you.
(Be ready to devote at least 4-6 h for preparations)
- Using digital tools for active communication and start getting to know each other; sharing information about the personal and professional background
- Discussing potential content ideas, needs and interests in the Facebook and WhatsApp groups so that we can arrange them for the project program
- Checking out the opportunities and values of Erasmus+
- Familiarizing with the concept as well as the objectives of the Youth Exchange program
- Preparing for the production/performance of the music
- Conducting a cultural night where you are expected to contribute to the presentation of the country that you come from. Start organising what you need for the national dishes, music and dances, etc.
- Getting to know each other
- Analysing the experience
- Putting the experience in action
- Producing your own songs from scratch
- National evenings
- Exploring opportunities
- Presentation; rehearsals and concert
- Discussing initial ideas for follow-up activities
- Final evaluation, feedback
- Creative workshops: Experiencing a series of basic and in-depth sessions about composing, working with DAWs, recording, sound design, songwriting, stage performance, vocal training, sampling, mixing/mastering and much more.
- Continuing using non-formal learning elements
- Sharing results from the project and implemented follow-up activities
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS
- 18-30 YEARS
- Interested in exploring new tools and developing their competencieS
- Ready to actively participate in the whole project (preparation, YE, follow-up)
- Open to challenge themselves and learn a new approach and tools related to m.u.s.i.c
- Ready to organize at least one follow-up activity using the experience from this YE (individually or with other people) within 2 months after the YE
- Ready to implement one activity for publicity to share results from the YE (some article, social media post, etc.) to promote common European values
COVID SITUATION AND OUR APPROACH
The current rules allow people from all project countries with and without COVID vaccination to enter Turkey and participate in the training. Surely, it is much more smooth for people who have already received 2 doses (they do not need to do any tests). So we decided, that it is the only way to participate.
TRAVEL AND FINANCIAL CONDITIONS
The training course will be implemented within the framework of the EU Program.
The accommodation and food will be covered fully. Nevertheless, the organizations/participants should be ready that they will have to invest their own money in buying the tickets to Antalya. The reimbursements will be done only AFTER participants implement their follow up activities and inform the main coordinator about them. So, as follow-up activities might take some weeks to implement, be ready to receive the reimbursements around the end of June/July 2022.
As a contribution to the project, we will be expecting participants from all countries to provide snacks from their country to one of the coffee breaks in order to carry out the cultural exchange.
- Make sure you have a valid (not expired) ID card (if it’s enough) or a valid Passport.
- Keep all your boarding passes, invoices and travelling tickets otherwise we will not be able to make any reimbursements.
- Only public transportation will be reimbursed (ie. taxi at your own expense.)
- Once you have chosen a flight connection, please consult with us! Please note that only when we give you green light for the connection and price, you are allowed to buy tickets.
- Travel cost reimbursement will be done after the training to the account of the partner organisations. In order to do so, all tickets should be kept, and also planned to follow up activities must be implemented and documented.
ACCOMMODATION AND VENUE
Turkey, a country that occupies a unique geographic position, lying partly in Asia and partly in Europe. Throughout its history, it has acted as both a barrier and a bridge between the two continents. Turkey is larger than some European travel countries such as Italy, France, Germany, and the UK. Turkey offers a wealth of destination varieties to travelers: from dome-and-minaret filled skyline of Istanbul to Roman ruins along the western and southern coasts, from heavily indented coastline against a mountainous backdrop of Lycia and wide and sunny beaches of Pamphylia to cold and snowy mountains of the East, from crazy “foam parties” of Bodrum to Middle Eastern-flavoured cities of Southeastern Anatolia, from verdant misty mountains of Eastern Black Sea to wide steppe landscapes of Central Anatolia, there is something for everyone’s taste.
The westerly region of Turkey’s Mediterranean coastline is especially popular. There are abundance of beach kinds such as Rocky, sandy beaches as well as pebbly beaches especially around the Konyaalti Bay. With a particularly diverse landscape, it is actually quite feasible to enjoy a morning swim, and then head to the Taurus Mountains for a spot of skiing in the afternoon at the neighbouring resort of Davras. Antalya’s historical Old Town area known as Kaleici. It offers beautiful harbour views and is surrounded by medieval fortified walls, which date back before both the Roman and Byzantine periods and have been restored many times. Currently it is the fastest growing city in Turkey. Besides, Antalya enjoys an idyllic climate for a good deal of the year and much tourism.
Weather: The climate in Antalya is warm and temperate. The winter months are also sunny most of the time. However, it is also rainy and the rains are so dense in winter times.
Health & safety: Tap water is drinkable. Besides, Antalya is very safe to visit, with a low crime rate and and high safe index.
Luke Nuk’em who is a passionate musician himself has been a part of Kultur und Art for 15 years. He brings a lot of experience in the fields of youth and culture from past workshops and projects. As a trainer or project leader, he always tries to get the most out of the time for the participants.
THE HOSTING ORGANISATION
Kultur & Art Initiative e.V. was established in 2002 and is an intercultural and intergenerational nonprofit association with members from different nations, age groups and with different careers who have work experience in youth, non-formal education and media education for many years. Kultur & Art Initiative e.V. works also in the fields of youth policy and youth work development.
Erasmus+ is the EU’s programme to support education,training, youth and sports in Europe. Its budget of €14.7 billion will provide opportunities for over 4 million Europeans to study, train, and gain experience abroad.