Dates: 24.10.2022 – 31.10.2022
Location: Kemer, Antalya, Turkey
Number of participants: 43
Type of the project: Mobility of Young People
This youth exchange is designed and dedicated to young people interested in the prevention of radicalization, in an artistic approach, by offering them the opportunity to exchange ideas and points of view, to work together and to
express themselves through art.
The project will promote the work of all those who engage in projects and activities to confront radicalization, fight against racism, xenophobia and discrimination and try to build a society based on multicultural integration and freedom, equality and fraternity
- Raising awareness about radicalization and creating a learning space through non-formal education, an open sharing space, mixed cultures and different environments for young people through innovative and creative tools
- The use of arts education, and non-formal education and sharing of good practices as a prevention tool against radicalization
- Create an international platform for organizations to share their experiences and the use of art as a tool for fighting and preventing radicalization
- Better understand the opportunities of the Erasmus + program and non-formal education to promote European values of tolerance, understanding and respect for human rights.
This training course is targeted at youth workers and youth leaders (active members of organizations, communities who work with young people & are involved in activities carried out by sending organizations). Ideally, participants should be in a position of daily working with youngsters. It is not a must to be a full active member of the sending organization as the youth workers may come from the community youth centers or local schools & institutions of partner organizations.
Kultur und Art Initiative e.V., Germany
Associazione Culturale-Progetto Musica Valeria Martina, Italy
Biedriba Bernu un Jauniesu Muzikas Klubs, Latvia
Asociacion Cultural Somos Europa, Spain
Balkan Youth Festival “the balkan youth”, Bulgaria
L’association Euro-Mediterraneenne des Echanges, Volontariats, Evenements, Tunisia
Social Development and Research center, Georgia
Gençlik Firsatlari Derneği , Turkey
We are looking for 4 participants and 1 group leader from each country with the following profile.
- Because of the program requirement, the participants should be a minimum of 18, a maximum of 30 years old; the group leader should be a minimum of 18 years old, there is no maximum age limit for only the group leaders.
- Young people who are interested in prevention of radicalization and an artistic approach;
- Ready to work on such topics as confront radicalization, fight against racism, xenophobia and discrimination;
- Open to learning and expressing themselves through art;
- Motivated to develop their personal competencies in an international environment ( to exchange ideas and points of view, to improve their skills in communication, teamwork, problem-solving, presentation and conflict management);
- Willing to participate actively and share knowledge, expertise, and positive energy with the other participants.
- During the selection process we will give attention to ensure the gender balance.
Application Form: l24.im/SkP
All the participants and the group leaders should fill out this registration form.
Turkey, a country that occupies a unique geographic position, lying partly in Asia and partly in Europe. Throughout its history, it has acted as both a barrier and a bridge between the two continents. Turkey is larger than some European travel countries such as Italy, France, Germany, and the UK. Turkey offers a wealth of destination varieties to travelers: from dome-and-minaret filled skyline of Istanbul to Roman ruins along the western and southern coasts, from heavily indented coastline against a mountainous backdrop of Lycia and wide and sunny beaches of Pamphylia to cold and snowy mountains of the East, from crazy “foam parties” of Bodrum to Middle Eastern-flavoured cities of Southeastern Anatolia, from verdant misty mountains of Eastern Black Sea to wide steppe landscapes of Central Anatolia, there is something for everyone’s taste.
The westerly region of Turkey’s Mediterranean coastline is especially popular. There are abundance of beach kinds such as Rocky, sandy beaches as well as pebbly beaches especially around the Konyaalti Bay. With a particularly diverse landscape, it is actually quite feasible to enjoy a morning swim, and then head to the Taurus Mountains for a spot of skiing in the afternoon at the neighbouring resort of Davras. Antalya’s historical Old Town area known as Kaleici. It offers beautiful harbour views and is surrounded by medieval fortified walls, which date back before both the Roman and Byzantine periods and have been restored many times. Currently it is the fastest growing city in Turkey. Besides, Antalya enjoys an idyllic climate for a good deal of the year and much tourism.
Weather: The climate in Antalya is warm and temperate. The winter months are also sunny most of the time. However, it is also rainy and the rains are so dense in winter times.
Health & safety: Tap water is drinkable. Besides, Antalya is very safe to visit, with a low crime rate and and high safe index.
Kemer Uygulama Oteli
Located on the center of Kemer, Antalya. The hotel has its own pool and you can reach the beach by walking from the Hotel. The hotel has a garden and a terrace where you can have a pleasant time. There is free wifi available in the hotel.
Three meals and coffee breaks are also available at the hotel.
During a special evening, we will share characteristics from our culture. We ask you to bring foods and alcoholic/non-alcoholic drinks and magnets to share! You can also think of some other things to share with the group from your culture: stories, dances/songs, etc. Please do not make only PowerPoint presentations or country promotion videos, as it would be best if you can share something in your own words and with physical examples if you can. By the way, presenting something from your culture does not mean it has to be something about only the country itself: it can also be from a specific region or a city, etc. As we are trying to collect special and different magnets from each city and country to make an international wall we would like to have one magnet from your hometown as well. We would like to see your impact on our organization to remember you through your magnet.
Erasmus+ is the EU’s programme to support education,training, youth and sports in Europe. Its budget of €14.7 billion will provide opportunities for over 4 million Europeans to study, train, and gain experience abroad.